Thursday 7 November 2013

Do I know you???

Ladies and gentlemen

Its me again!

Now that I've started,I can't stop..the same is the case when I start talking..I go on and on...I'm like this only!!

People who know me well,know that I'm filmy!Be it in dialogues or the drama I do or the numerous expressions that come to my face(My GADS call me ABHINAYACHAKRAVARTHINI OR DRAMA QUEEN)and I enjoy being the way I am..It's nice to be silly..

My perspective is:life will be serious with you most of the times..even though you get equal opportunities to be happy and sad, the sad ones look longer and more difficult than the happy ones.

So instead of being serious and showing off, its better to be silly and jolly and happy(I'm not asking you to be silly and start laughing when the teacher is taking a lecture!But you know..)Life may be serious but you can always find ways to just tickle it and make it laugh!

Oh!I'm blabbering..I thought of writing about something else!!

Atleast some of you would agree with me if I say that its a blessing to remember peoples names even if you have met them only once.
Some people can't connect names and faces.
But remembering people can be a curse too..

I'll tell you of the funny experiences I had because of my photographic memory!

My memory is really a cheater.It remembers things like people and their details and incidents and at times even the colour of the dress I wore while talking to some person.
But when it comes to studies,my memory back stabs me.I prepare a question and go for an exam and God decides to ask me the same question,but at the same time my memory goes on vacation!I GO BLANK!

I stare at the question..read it over and over again..I'm still blank..then I just look around..I see some guy..and someone inside me starts chanting
NAME-XYZ
DEPT-MECH ENGG.
PLACE-ABC
OTHERS-Plays football daily from college ground,is interested in PQR of some class,supports MNO party etc

Then I look back at the question paper and my memory shuts down.

Then later I start looking around,I see some girl and memory back to active mode:
NAME:GHI
DEPT:ECE
PLACE:DEF
OTHERS:has a boyfriend,had a backpaper the previous sem,etc

But once I look back at my question paper: KORA KAGAZ THA YEH MANN MERA!!

Now what happened recently was:There was a girl who was my classmate in my entrance coaching class.We had a mutual friend.So one day we met from a mall.I was with that mutual friend and some other friends.On seeing the girl,I went to her and said"Hi!How are you?"and the look she gave me asked "Who are you?"and she just turned to talk to that mutual friend of ours!Even when our mutual friend introduced me,she couldn't place me :P When I walked back to my friends' table they greeted me with straight faces but burst soon as I sat down!

Even worse!I was in college and there was a guy who was a singer.We had mutual friends and my friend always spoke about him.
“I know him..he doesn't know me” scenario!

Years later,we were paired for a training programme and we were asked to introduce ourselves to our partner.I was done with my intro and when he started I felt like yawning,because I knew all that!I got so bored by the time he reached”My department is”, I completed it for him!OOPS!!I DID IT AGAIN!!
He looked at me with this weird expression which asked"Do I know you?"
I had such a tough time explaining that my room mate who was his friend talks soo much about him!!(She doesn't know that I told him such a big lie :D)But he didn't look convinced :D

This is my favourite!
Years ago,when I was in my B.Tech 2nd year,I acted in a Hindi drama for an inter college fest.(Don’t laugh!!I can act ;)) My role was that of a small village girl.
So,the drama was at 2am.The makeup man was soo talented that I ended up looking like a trapeze artist. I looked PINK!!Too much of blush!!And red lipstick!(In which village of India do girls look pink with lipstick??)

So I went backstage and was talking to a friend when a senior guy came and talked to me(I’m sorry to say that I don’t remember his face any more :( But I appreciate his guts to come and talk to me.I looked more like a ghost that day!!)
I gave my bio-data and after the drama got over, he came and appreciated me(People do recognize talent :P)
Then,we met in college and we used to nod and smile to each other!
But one fine day when I smiled he looked at me as if I was a stalker!!
Why is she smiling to me??Was she following me??

Sheesha ho ya dil ho..aakhir toot jaatha hai!!

I didn’t know he was affected by AMNESIA!!

Suresh Gopi dialogue"Ormayundo ee mugham??Ormakaanilla!!"(Remember this face?")always holds true for me!!

Then another one was,there was a guy to whom I had talked once from my GATE coaching class,he was from Kerala.And we didn't meet each other for months and when we finally met after a long time,a mutual friend introduced us and I was like"We've talked to each other."and that guy was like"When?"and the embarrassed me explained and he couldn't remember(As expected!)and finally the expression he had was "Everyone knows me but I don't remember anyone.Silly fans!"I felt like kicking myself!

Trust me friends, this is the worst that can happen to a girl :D
Guys looking at you as if you were following them and as if you’re a stalker :P
Thank God!None of the above guys told me this dialogue”Please don’t follow me.Please think of me as a brother!!”


So I decided to experiment my theory:
If you recognize people they just ignore you.What if you pretend not to recognize them??

I saw another guy from office who was also my classmate from coaching class."Once bitten twice shy"and so I didn't go and talk.But one fine day,I thought.If I go and say"Hi GHI,I was in your class.Remember me?"the answer will be NO for sure.
So drama queen in action!!
I went upto him and with this raised eyebrow expression,asked"Excuse me,are you from Calicut?"Surprised he replied,"Yes"."Actually you looked familiar.So I just wanted to confirm.Did you go to this coaching centre?""Yes""Me too.Maybe I saw you from there.And your name was?"(Soon after I asked this question,my mind chanted.Name:GHI Place:Calicut School:qrs College:TUV) He asked me a few questions and we parted!

So having a good memory when it comes to people is not such a great thing folks!!It's inviting embarrassment!!

I know people who think that by saying"Sorry!I don't think I remember you"they become high and mighty(Not all,but some!)It implies that they don't have the time and memory space to remember people like you!Some people even enjoy seeing the others helpless expression while explaining when and where they've met!

Next time you see me and I recognize you,don't dare to ask"Do I know you?" ;)

See you soon...


I am like this only!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...this was hilarious one...:D ..i think you are very poor is understanding people thats why you got shocked twice ...i guess thrice ..:) ..i would say this happens when u don't have a good connections ... ye duniya badi chalak hai bhai.... so take care .... make sure you make connections with whome u can trust with ....:) ..then at last ....if we meet someday i wont be asking that silly question you mentioned ....instead i will call you for coffee for sure ...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice perspective you put forth.

    A good one ,Gayathri ..

    ReplyDelete

American Ammayi Diaries - The apartment

Hello all, I hope you're enjoying my U.S. stories. Now that I've started university, I have more and more bloopers to share. B...