Sunday 3 November 2013

Self Help is the Best Help ;)

  Hey all!!I'm back..

After the wonderful response I got for my first blog I've been soo depressed!

People who know me will understand this statement..I can't handle compliments..I can handle negative remarks and I'm comfortable with it..but you say something good about me,my ''system'' doesn't process it!!Complicated??I know..that's how my mind works!

We'll deal about that later..you'll find it funny..

I've been thinking soo hard about what to write next(It's difficult people!I've lost touch!If you have been doing nothing but eating,chatting,reading novels and watching movies for quite some time-all which doesn't involve thinking hard,you just lose contact with the part of your brain which THINKS!Silly?I know :D)

So,as I said I've been thinking hard..about what next!It should be "readable"na!!

I'm 22 years old and life's been very impartial to me in the matter of experiences..maybe like some of you..Loads of them..majority involving funny and embarrassing situations and too many lessons!!(No wonder I couldn't learn my B.Tech lessons properly..you see..I was busy with the lessons of life :P)

So here's something from school...

Do you have any idea how it feels to be smiling in front of a crowd when all you want to do is cry out loud like a baby??
Yessir I know ;)

I went to St.Joseph's Anglo Indian Girls' Higher Secondary School for 14 years..from my kindergarten to 12th std!!And for 12 years in the same auto rickshaw :D My automaman(maman=uncle)should have honoured me when I finally left his auto(Being frank I didn't leave..He threw me out..coz I was taking up the place of 3 kindergarten kids=3 times the money!!)

I should have been awarded for my consistent performance-every single day of the 12 years I was atleast 5 minutes late to get into the auto :D But ofcourse nothing like that happened!He was just too happy seeing me finally leave the auto that he didn't bother to talk much to me after that day!What if I went back!!

Sorry! I'm missing the crux of our conversation..which is "embarrassing failure!"

You must have seen these teen movies where the plain heroine competes with the smart and beautiful but arrogant girl of school for the Head Girl crown and how finally the invisible heroine manages to be popular and be elected as the Head Girl!And in such movies the heroine looks really beautiful when she gets elected!!

But I've understood that such things happen just in movies!If I'm the heroine,then you'll have to rewrite the script :P

In my "movie",the heroine(that's ME)dreams of competing for the school leader post right from her 5th std and she even practices the speech which would be given by candidates asking for votes..So for 5 years she does the same..and finally she is in 10th std.So she gives her nomination and then its time to campaign!(I didn't have any arrogant villains to compete with! :( ) 

And who said practice makes perfect??I just went blank on the stage when I went to give the speech I practiced for 5 years!!

One tragic thing was..at that point of time I couldn't name one best friend.I used to talk to almost everyone and so never had my very own"gang"

If you remember,in school someone comes and asks you,"Who is your best friend?",you reply and when the same question is asked to your "answer"even she should say your name!She has to say your name!That is mandatory!!(That is,if Gayathri's best friend was Aparna then Aparna's best friend had to be Gayathri!!)

But in my case,I was not sure if my"answer"would say my name and so as I loved my ego,I used to say my friends name who was from a different school.

So my"answer"was also competing for the election.And for the poster making and campaigning I was "friendless"most of the times.

Being the fool I am,I didn't think campaigning was important!According to me,all that was important was having your posters all over school.I worked hard on the posters and some of my friends helped me with it.I hope you won't laugh if I tell you what my sign was!

VOTE FOR PHOENIX!!

Majority of my prospective voters didn't know what a phoenix was :D The one poster I had on the notice board was torn to pieces by the dogs who guarded the convent in our school premises!!:D(Even the dogs didn't like my sign!! :( )

 I will never forgive the person who suggested it in the first place and me being a great Harry Potter fan,didn't think twice..

So,I went just once for campaigning and one day when I was finally done with my poster making and decided to go for campaigning,someone said that my time was up and that I couldn't campaign anymore!!!Tujhse naaraz nahi zindagi..hairaan hoon main!!

So your voting lines are open  and your time starts now!!

Even though I told the world that I voted for some girl...the truth is that I VOTED FOR MYSELF!!

I can justify this-On the day of election,I was standing near the stationary store and when some junior girls came by,I had this expression on my face which screamed "GAYATHRI,NAAM THO SUNA HOGA" Being frank with you all,I felt popular and in a tone of arrogance I asked a girl"Don't mind me asking,who did you vote for?"and she said something(obviously not for phoenix)and when my friend asked"why didn't you vote for her?"(pointing at me) the "voter"girl looked shocked and asked me,"ARE YOU A CANDIDATE?I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU!"

Sheesha ho ya dil ho...aakhir toot jaatha hai..

A sharp needle pierced through my ego balloon!And POP!!MAAR DAALA!!

So self vote justified??What if that girl was a representative of all the junior girls?What if 
no one knew me?

So after the voting...it was time to count the votes...

I was standing right near the entrance to the stage(so that it would be easier for me to go on stage when I win :P) but suddenly I was transferred to another day...

Two years before this incident,there was a girl who got just 28 votes when the school leader that year got 450 votes...

I went pale..I felt like I'm seeing the future...I had laughed so hard on that day 2 years back saying"Poor girl!Why did she even participate in the election?"

Today was my day!

They started counting and suddenly I saw the future....I ran into the nearby chapel and prayed hard(Kaavilamme,shakti taru!!)not that I should win but that I shouldn't cry on losing!

I came back and stood there(Ofcourse not in my old place!!)and then they started counting Leo's votes..I got bored and almost fell asleep when they didn't bother to stop counting after 300..She got 350 votes and the last ballot box was mine!

They opened,they counted and it was over..IT'S MAGIC!!Ellam pettannayirunnu!!

Yes friends I got...ahem ahem!!you see..its just that...I never wanted to be the School Leader...this was just for fun...you thought I dreamt of the School Leader post??Hahaha..No way..responsibilities..I had no time...we were in 10th..I had to study for my Board Exams!(Are you thinking what I'm thinking?SOUR GRAPES STORY???)

I GOT 49 VOTES!!

Thanks to my prayers,I managed to stand there smiling!(49 votes and I had to smile!!)

The acceptance speech I had practiced so well??When and where will I say that?
But even the candidate with least number of votes(The girl who stood 4th had 98 votes!!)got to go on stage and speak,

"Thank you all!!I would like to thank each and every one of you who voted for me(THE REST ROT IN HELL!!MAY GOD PUNISH YOU!)I will try to live upto your expectations and do my duties to the best of my abilities."

So dear friends...this is life!When I felt like screaming and killing people,I had to have this saint like expression on my face and wave like Deepika Padukone in Om Shanti Om!!

Burnt child dreads the fire..That was the first and last election in my life!!

(But from the year after my"victory"they had more number of candidates and they cancelled the poster thing !!Why me!!Maybe even God enjoyed seeing me embarrassed ;) Enjoy my friend!!)

More stories coming up...

I am like this only!

6 comments:

  1. ROFL....reminds me of a time when I stood for election and managed to get only 2 votes..Luckily or unluckily I dint vote for myself because I was so confident of winning; ) n turns out that the 2 ppl who voted for me were 2 (dumbass) boys who had a crush on me ...hehehe. ..awesome Gayatri. .it requires guts to write about this stuff. ..thumbs up to u!! N I hope my sis was not the one who suggested the name "PHOENIX" :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is HILLARIOUS Chinnu...superlike :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like revisiting those days again!!!! :-)
    Gayathri write more and PS idhu *avale* udheshichaanu avale thanne udheshichaanu avale maathram udheshichaanu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha..gayathri..itz super awesome gurl!! Ahem..atleast u were lucky enuf to be a candidate... I got kicked out of it!! Remember?? When sister lekha came into our class and said?? I dint even qualify being a candidate!! :-D :-D So be proud of urself gurl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

American Ammayi Diaries - The apartment

Hello all, I hope you're enjoying my U.S. stories. Now that I've started university, I have more and more bloopers to share. B...