Friday 1 November 2013

Plain Jane!

Hello!
This topic is my future FB status update..but there you can just open your heart"briefly"or else no one will read it :D So i thought I'll elaborate on the same here :D

Some weeks back,i was travelling in the AC BMTC(Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation)bus to office.The fare was Rs.25..I gave him Rs.30 and waited for the change...in vain..Because he just went away :P

Some time later,a very beautiful and stylish gal came n sat near me..The conductor rushed to her side and I think even before she gave her Rs.30 he was ready with the 5 rupee coin :O
Mujhe hak hai(I have the right)and so I asked him for my change and the response was this.He looked at me with an angry expression and said"Detha hoon Madam"("Will give you,Madam") and I don't know why but that "Madam" sounded more like an insult ;)

I started thinking,"Why?"and  looked at the girl next to me.
The answer was loud and clear!!LOOKS!!:D
It mattered even to the BMTC conductor :P

I traveled back in time..to my school days..

I studied in an all-gals school for 14 years and was kind of a nerd,a talkative nerd :D
Was below average when it came to looks and so didn't waste time in that field.
I used to go for tuition when I was in 10th std.and there I had a friend with my same name and luckily or unluckily she was damn beautiful.

The complex hit me hard right from the day 1 when we started walking to classes together :D Guys stare and ogle at her and I have to stare and scare them off :P
Initially I took extra effort to look good but failed miserably!

And one day it so happened that some guy called our name and I turned(to end up being insulted!!)to hear"Not you" :P Shisha ho ya dil ho..aakhir...toot jaatha hai.. :D

That was just a beginning..Then I didn't know that in the years to come my job would be to shoo off the guys staring at my beautiful friends or cousins :D :D

I was so angry at God as I felt he was the reason that I look like this!Now I feel silly :D

But like the two sides of a coin..being invisible has soo many advantages!!
And thanks to that life was sooo good during college(Remember the sour grapes story??)

The first few days taught me that whatever I do,I won't be targeted for ragging coz I don't qualify ;)
But sadly none of the college beauties traveled by train and so the bored seniors were forced to give us(that's me n my friends!We call ourselves G.A.D.S-Gayathri Aparna Deepthi Sijisha) a dose of"ragging"

There are two types of ragging for girls according to me and they can be broadly classified into:
1.Sweet coated ones reserved for beauties :D
2.The rough and tough attitude ones meant for the rest

But I did enjoy being invisible!!Seriously..we,GADS,silently observed everyone and passed comments and no one had a clue about what we were doing and they didn't bother to find out too:D

And the next"posting" I got was as "helpdesk".
"Gayathri,who's that girl?"
This question has been haunting me for the past 5 years but the question is asked by different guys :D

I find it very funny!!I've always wanted to be a guy and all such incidents make me feel like one ;) Most of the time I'm not considered as a girl.So that's the only other option I think ;) People even sympathize with me saying that its sad that I'm so short n fat ;) 

So now I don't trust people who go for looks and sadly I get damn irritated when I see that discrimination.

Also girls,if guys treat you differently after you get a makeover..don't trust them.
BEAUTY IS SKIN DEEP!!(I have to tell this every time to console my ego :p)

So starting from the BMTC conductor to 90% of the guys I know...just one thing..THANK YOU :) :)For treating me the way you do..I feel special :)

Stay tuned...more to come...

 I am like this only ;)


5 comments:

  1. Starts off with a bang!! Enjoyed it. Try and cut down on the smileys though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaha! i now have somewhere to drop in when i get a bad attack of the blues :)

    ReplyDelete

American Ammayi Diaries - The apartment

Hello all, I hope you're enjoying my U.S. stories. Now that I've started university, I have more and more bloopers to share. B...